Saturday, August 7, 2010

God's Yoke and Burden

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:30

The turn of events this eventide has created a lasting impression on me. The discourse with a friend inspired me to embrace God's yoke and burden in its entirety without an iota of displeasure. Many a time I watched the birds of the air but never so intently as this evening when a pigeon landed on the windowsill outside my living room. If the pigeon had refused to accept the wings that God bestowed on her, what would be her plight? Imagine a pigeon incapacitated from taking her flight, just for a moment.

A pigeon's wings are much larger than her entire body but the potential they provide to her is indescribable. She is liberated to explore the world in greater heights with these wings than without. Such is the yoke and burden of God for us. God's yoke and burden will empower us to explore the unknown and reach the heights He wants us to reach. By rejecting His yoke and burden, we are shooing away the opportunity to fly high in the sky.

What is God's yoke and burden on you? As I ponder this tonight, I can say my current toil with Multiple Sclerosis is God's yoke and burden to me. He has thus enabled me when I am disabled, to experience His tender mercies and grace. He is certifying me to fly high in the sky with His promise that His yoke is easy and His burden light! I march onward as a good soldier of Christ to fight this fight of faith with Him at the forefront. I am already a conqueror through Christ. Will you please accept God's yoke and burden without murmuring? Remember, He can lift that off if that is His desire for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment