Monday, March 29, 2010

Thy Deliverer

Psalm 91:14-16

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.


This is a wonderful Psalm of deliverance! Again the deliverance comes to those who set their love upon the Lord God. When you love the Lord, you long to spend time with Him, you sit at His holy feet, you take time to talk to Him, praise Him, worship Him, you seek His precious face and you honor Him with all your heart!

The Lord will set you on high, because you have known His name. When the Lord sets you on high, the world and its traps will not harm you. You will rise up high like an eagle with strong wings, you will run and not be weary, you will walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:31). His name is Emmanuel (Isaiah 7:14), God with us, Jesus (Luke 1:31), the Son of the Highest (Luke 1:32), the Son of God (Luke 1:35), the Savior of the World, the Alpha and Omega (Revelation 1:8), the Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6) and the list goes on and on.

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. This promise of deliverance is so comforting! Yes, He will answer our prayers; the cry of our heart is well heard by the Master even before it is presented. He is and will be with us in our trouble. Amidst the storm so raging, take heart, He is with you to deliver you and honor you. Endure and stay focused on the Lord. Fix your eyes upon Jesus and the cares of the world will not bother you.

He promises to give us long SATISFYING life and will show His salvation unto us, His children, and the crown of His creation! These promises of deliverance are there for us to claim and stand on. To God be the glory… Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment