Sunday, March 20, 2011

When I fall, I shall arise

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." Micah 7:8

On Feb 7th 2011, I zealously set out on a journey to Stamford (where I work) at about 7:10AM. Before stepping out of the house, my husband and I prayed together and he walked me out of the house to lend me a helping hand in boarding the bus right across the street from where we live. After crossing the street, my eyes failed to notice a thick sheet of black ice before the bus stop. The minute I stepped on it, I slipped and fell backwards. That very instant, my husband who was holding my hand, held a good grip thus avoiding the danger of hitting on my head. As I struggled to get up, I remembered the six words from Micah 7:8, "When I fall, I shall arise...". That night I looked up my Bible and read this verse aloud. The peace and assurance that flooded my heart is inexpressible!

In our walk with Jesus Christ, we may slip and fall if we don't stay focussed on Him. I Peter 5:8 says that our adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. We should be aware of the fact that the enemy is constantly trying to tempt us just so he could get us to commit a sin thus giving him a chance to feast on us. Nay! That cannot be so. If for a season we, as the children of God, lay in the enticing hands of the enemy, the Lord's hands are strong enough to pull us through. If we continuously seek the face of God, His wisdom will enable us to recognize what the enemy is about to bring against us. Though we fail to recognize the wiles of the wicked one and thus trip and fall, yet the Lord will pull us out of the miry clay for we have made Him our refuge. As the Psalmist says in Psalm 37:24, "Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand."

The second part of Micah 7:8 says, "When I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." Many a time, we sit in the darkness lost in a thought or caught in a snare or struck by a fear or perhaps on a crossroad. Even then, the Lord who is our shade upon our right hand (Psalm 121:5), will be a light unto us. The darkness may haunt for a wee bit but when the light of the Lord shines on us, the darkness will be found nowhere. The Word of God is a lamp unto our feet, and a light unto our path as said in Psalm 119:105. The right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly (Psalm 118:16).

If you think you are on the verge of falling or if you have already fallen for the wicked trick of the enemy, turn to the Lord God who can lift you up! The bleeding hands of the Savior are powerful enough to pull you out of the miry clay. The finished work of Jesus Christ on the CROSS of Calvary can save you from any sin even if it appears as red as crimson. He can make you as white as snow. Rest in the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment