Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Endure and See the End of the Lord

James 5:11

Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

See, how they that endure are counted. Happy are those that endure! Endure means to not yield and remain with the same unwavering faith during a struggle or a trial. It is easy to cave in to the pressure of the world and to the friends of the world when battling a storm so severe that hope seems so far away. Unless we walk in the true love, we are prone to wander and lose our focus. If you are enduring a struggle, bear in mind that you are counted happy! Patience is a wonderful trait that is hard to be built in human beings whose very nature is impatient. I was that impatient lady and I know God is forming a wonderful character in me and teaching me how to be patient and hope only in Him. In the midst of a storm I have learned to rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him (Psalm 37:7). His peace comes in at the most needed hour and He allows us to rest when everything around us seem bleak and hopeless. Peace like a river flows into the heart when the enemy attacks like a flood. Look at what Job endured. His patience is a wonderful example for us to follow. He endured his hardship and was patient till the end. Job 2:9 says, “Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.” Job’s wife was filled with anger unto God and she provokes Job to curse God and die. Job’s integrity is an uncompromising one and his response to his wife clearly states that. Job 2:10 says, “Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.” God can merely use us His vessels as it pleases Him and get all the glory. Why should we resist His wonderful work that makes us and shapes us to glorify the Lord of glory? If He allowed something evil in your life, He sure knows how to walk you through that and if it is in His will, in His own time, He can remove it for good like He did for Job. But if He desires to leave the thorn in your flesh like He did for Paul, He will provide us His grace that is all sufficient and His strength will be made perfect in our weakness (II Corinthians 12:7-10).

Job’s patience and endurance helped him see the end of the Lord. Let us realize that the Lord is very pitiful and full of mercy. The other day when I was at Dr. Brian Apatoff’s office, I was immensely surprised at his patience and compassion to all the patients including me. When I came home I was filled with an awesome revelation of how MUCH more compassionate the Lord God should be unto us, His awesome creation! Tears flooded through my eyes with this realization that was so deep to me. Our father does not slumber nor sleep (Psalm 121:4) and He keeps us constantly protected under His mighty wings.

I would like to close this post with John 14:27 with the words of Jesus: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Next: Renewing of the Inward Man

No comments:

Post a Comment