Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pressing Toward the Mark

Philippians 3:13-15

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Firstly, wish you all a blessed New Year! This past year was a year of trials for many of us but God’s grace was simply sufficient to get us through. For me personally although it was a struggle in my body, the Lord God renewed and strengthened me. He helped me rise about the trial in my body and He gave me His power and strength just as it says in Isaiah 40:29, “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” As we embark on our journey this year, let us seek His face and His will for our lives. As we make New Year resolutions, let the King of Glory help us to make any and all resolutions surrounding His will.

What a humble person Paul was! He says that he does not count himself to have apprehended. When Paul with all humility says this, how much more should we count ourselves to not have apprehended? The one thing that he does is forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before he pressed toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us ask the Lord to help us forget those things which are behind for it is hard for us humans to forget the former things without God’s help. Let us reach forth unto those things that are before. Let us press on toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

I have received this wonderful promise from John 16:20 for this year. “Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.” I claim this promise in my life on this glad day and the Lord has filled me with His joy and put a new song in my mouth. I believe He will turn my sorrow into joy. Last year I underwent five MRIs, a lumbar puncture and multiple other tests but He kept me close to His bosom and walked me through every medical test. He spoke His words of comfort into me and filled me with His peace. Every tear I shed, He wiped it away with His mighty fingers and bottled the tears and I count it all joy because He shaped/shaping me through my ordeal. My family has been with me constantly, lifting me up in prayers and my friends have offered hugs and said prayers and God brought new well meaningful brethren my way. Last few months, I hardly stepped out of my house and barely went to the House of God to worship with His children but He brought His divine messages right onto my bed and Bible Studies through “Still Waters” from my THARP family. When I cried during the nights with deep pain and discomfort, He spoke to me softly and tenderly and put me to sleep by His Psalms which were like sweet lullabies to me. This is my Lord, my redeemer, my hope and my all in all. To Him I surrender… By Him I am led… I am pressing toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus! He keeps His promises for He is an unchanging God who is the same yesterday, today and forever. Do you know this God I trust in? If not, do not wait for a moment. Simply believe in His son Jesus Christ who died for the sins of every human being! Through Jesus Christ you will find your life that is eternal.

Next: Abraham and Lot

No comments:

Post a Comment