Monday, January 18, 2010

The Lord at our Right Hand

Psalm 16:7-9

I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

David says “I will bless the Lord, who has given me counsel.” Counsel is given as a result of consultation for advice. We can clearly understand that David sought God’s advice and therefore was given the counsel. David, a King of Israel was God’s anointed one who was a man after God’s own heart. He praised God in a magnificent way and his psalms speak of the relationship he enjoyed with Lord God. When such a high and mighty king sought God’s advice, we at our every step should wait and seek His counsel. He sure will direct our every step (Proverbs 3:5-6).

David says that his reins instruct him in the night. In other words, even while David is resting, he is led by the Lord God. The Lord does the same to us if we, like David set the Lord always before us. Even when we sleep at nights His still small voice speaks unto us, His loving arms will lead us, His tender heart will care for us, His blood covers us and His light shines on us. The Lord is at our right hand and therefore we need not be moved. “He is at our right hand” means He is available to us at all times. It is us humans who fail to look up to Him or seek His counsel. Psalm 121:5 says, “The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.” The Lord is our keeper and He is our shade upon our right hand. Just like shadow goes with us wherever we go, the Lord God goes with us.

Let us rejoice and be glad in the Lord. Rejoice evermore for He is our strong refuge and mighty tower. Just like David’s my flesh shall rest in hope!

Next: Huldah, the Wife of Shallum

No comments:

Post a Comment