Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pray without ceasing

I Thessalonians 5:17

Pray without ceasing

These three words kept ringing in me last night so loudly that I woke up today to put the message right away. These are powerful and we are asked to do it. This means we have to keep praying continuously; no pausing; no taking a break; no resting. When we cease, the enemy tries to take its ground against us. Especially if we are living in Christ, walking closely with Him, abiding in Him, loving Him, serving Him, seeking His face and taking a stand against the enemy in the powerful, matchless and mighty name of our Savior, the enemy is waiting to pull us from our first love, our Lord Jesus Christ! Let us realize that the enemy waits on us and longs to see us losing our ground in Christ! This should make us even more vigilant, sober and watchful. I Peter 5:8 says, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour”.

Last night, I was wrestling in prayer and pleading His precious blood on my body for I really didn’t know where exactly I needed the touch of His bleeding hand. All I could cry was I most badly needed His peace and rest from the torment in my body. Yes, I was given that rest and peace a couple hours later. I sought the Lord to use my hour of need to cry out to the many people suffering either in body, from a natural disaster (Ex: earthquake in Haiti), suffering children with various diseases, to the ones in authority so on and so forth. He helped me rise above my body to concentrate on Him and intercede. I was basking in His immense love and at the same time could feel the enemy’s battle to pull me down. But, God has got us and so we need not fear the attacks of the enemy.

These are perilous times and we should not take a moment to wink at the world. The other day, one of my colleagues mentioned “It is time to get mad at the devil”. This came to my mind last night and I was greatly burdened in my heart to intercede on various matters i.e. family, children, relatives, friends, colleagues, people enslaved in sins etc., I Timothy 2:1 says, “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men”. The key is “ALL MEN”! Jesus did not love you or me alone, He loved everybody! We are asked to do the same. Love everyone like Jesus did.

Next: Michal – Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment