Saturday, October 31, 2009

Everlasting Covenant

Jeremiah 32:40

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.


In the year 2004, God established this covenant with my family: “I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.” This covenant was and is between God and my family and also between God and you. A covenant is God’s promise and an agreement between God and His people. And, we are the covenant people and covenant seekers while He is the covenant keeper. God established a covenant with Noah, Abraham and other men of God in the Old Testament. Today He is making this everlasting covenant with you.

God’s covenants are true and will come to pass. This special covenant draws you close to Him so that you will not depart from Him. He will not turn away from you, but will put His fear in your heart and will continue to do good for you. Bank on this eternal covenant and praise Him for His goodness to you at all times.

The cry of my heart is never to move far from Him. There were times in my life when I felt I was not as close to God as He wants me to be. The Lord God did not allow this to continue and He just intervened at the right time and pulled me close to Him. Right now His divine intervention is in operation in my life. Although the battle seems tough to me, He has comforted me with Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” Yes, for the Lord God what seems tough to you and me is just a piece of cake. After all, the battle is not yours, it is His. He can never lose; He is always victorious and so are you in Him. He can transform a tough situation to be a blessing to you and many others. He is doing that right now in my life. I know the end result is a vessel shaped for the glory of God. Are you ready to grab this covenant and live for the glory of Lord? He reigns forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment