Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Lord is our Helper

Hebrews 13:5-6

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

We may be lacking some necessities in our life. Psalm 37:4 says “Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” But let us not covet and let our conversation also be without covetousness. Being content with what we have is highly essential for it says in I Timothy 6:6 that “Godliness with contentment is great gain.” Think about the many people that lack what we have, we certainly will run to God with a thanksgiving heart!

The Lord God promises to never leave us nor forsake us. We should hang on to this promise and delight in Him for He is with us at all times and more so when we are in trouble. When we stay focused on the Lord, we can boldly say that He is our helper and we will not fear what man does to us.

Psalm 46:1 clearly says “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” This particular verse had a profound effect on me yesterday and I could sense God’s covering on me. He holds us close to His bosom and sustains us when all we sense is the enemy’s attack over us. Let us take courage in knowing that the Lord is our helper. The victory is ours in the matchless name of our Savior Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment