Friday, October 9, 2009

God's Yoke

Matthew 11:29, 30
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Often times in our lives we struggle because of what we plan in our hearts, not considering what God’s intentions for us are. We try to cope up with our own benchmarks and end up in a flurry of activity, having little or no time to be still and know that the Lord is our God. We carry our own yoke and burden and end up realizing that it is too hard or too heavy for us later.

Jesus asks us to take His yoke upon us in Matthew 11:29. We can learn of Him by doing so, as opposed to carrying our own burden, which hardly gives us an opportunity to learn of Him. He is a God who is meek and humble and does not have hard plans for us. His plans and thoughts for us are to grant us peace and not evil as it says in Jeremaiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” His yoke is easy, and His burden is light. Then, why carry ours? Let us cast our yoke and burden upon Him and take up His’ and learn of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment