Saturday, October 24, 2009

Seeking the Face of God

II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

There is a sense of spiritual dormancy and lethargy among us Christians today and that includes me too. Although we seem to be busy trying to do ministry work, getting organized for meetings and planning next steps, we are in a state of spiritual slumber. God’s desire for us is to humble ourselves, pray and seek the face the Lord. He is waiting with keen eyes to see us at His feet and keen ears to hear our prayers. It is very important to have the right relationship with the Lord by communing with Him and going to the throne of grace with a humble heart as the psalmist does in Psalm 139:23-24. “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” When we do this, the Lord reveals the wicked ways in us and cleanses us and makes us whole and leads us in the everlasting way. He will hear from heaven, and will forgive us of our sins and will heal our land. Do we want to miss His forgiveness and healing in our lands?

Now is the time for us to turn to the Lord and seek His face with a humble heart. The Lord had forgiven the Ninevites, protected the Israelites from wicked Haman’s plan and gave victory to Israelites many times when they sought Him with a whole heart. All through the Word of God we see instances where the merciful Lord’s heart melts when the people turn to Him with humble and repentant hearts. It is now our turn to humble ourselves, pray and seek His face and turn from our wicked ways. Yes, His mercy endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment